Services Available from My Health Care Manager
Services provided during Step 3 are tailored to one�s unique situation. All services are performed on an hourly basis (unless otherwise noted) and billed at the IU negotiated rate of $112.50 per hour. Services include:
- On-site Situational Assessment. My Health Care Manager arranges for a network certified nurse, a Health Care Associate, to visit one�s parents or loved ones anywhere in the U.S. My Health Care Manager coordinates the program and has the Health Care Associate complete a Situational Assessment and share observations and recommendations with them. My Health Care Manager compiles and summarizes this information into a Recommended Action Plan. My Health Care Manager shares the Recommended Action Plan with the employee and his or her loved ones and jointly discusses the options for managing the issues identified or already present. There is a flat charge $675 for this work.
- Caregiver support. By the nature of their business, My Health Care Manager is familiar with the demands placed on caregivers and understands various ways to support them. Caregiver support is unique to each situation and My Health Care Manager tailors this service to their clients.
- Housing alternatives. If there is a need to obtain different housing accommodations, ranging from an easier-to-manage private home to moving to a retirement community, My Health Care Manager uses their resources to work with the employee to find options.
- Family communications. My Health Care Manager can serve as a skilled and objective third party in helping families agree on the course of action to follow in providing caregiving for parents or other loved ones.
- Care coordination services. My Health Care Manager guides employees through the process to identify and select from the various sources of assistance where parents or other loved ones live. In the case of individual companions not provided by licensed agencies, My Health Care Manager can assist with reference and background checks. Since My Health Care Manager does not provide these services but is aware of their desired attributes and downside risks, My Health Care Manager can assist with making these important decisions. If one wishes, My Health Care Manager can help to review proposed contracts for on-going home health and companion services before one engages them. My Health Care Manager can even arrange for surprise audits through its Health Care Associates once they are underway. Resulting contracts and payments for home health and companion services are directly between the employee and the service provider.
- Transportation to health care providers� offices and documenting recommendations. My Health Care Manager can arrange for transportation to a medical visit and create written documentation of provider recommendations to share with the employee, as long as the parent or other loved one permits this on the HIPAA release. Additional charges apply for local services obtained and My Health Care Manager passes these through for the employee�s payment as incurred.
- Insurance organization and review. My Health Care Manager works with clients to organize insurance information and My Health Care Manager then has a licensed insurance agent review the policies for gaps and overlaps, as well as Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage. My Health Care Manager does not sell insurance nor does it allow the reviewer to sell any products, but they are able to assist clients in considering changes that might be beneficial to their parents or other loved ones.
- Home Health Evaluations by Health Care Associate network nurses. My Health Care Manager can arrange for a network nurse to conduct on-site services for senior loved ones at their place of residence. These services can include aiding in Treatment Plan Compliance, Medication Evaluations, Environmental & Safety Assessments, and Fall Prevention Training.
- Other services. My Health Care Manager looks forward to discussing any unique requirements and to meeting the needs of IU employees.
Schedule an appointment